South Africa has opened its first satanic church in Century City, Cape Town.
After years of trying, satanist now have a place of worship. The church opened to the public and has since gained population. Members follow the nine statements written in the Satanic Bible, by Anton LaVey.
- Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence
- Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams
- Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit
- Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates
- Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek
- Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires
- Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his ‘define spiritual and intellectual development’, has become the most vicious animal of all
- Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification
- Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he kept it in business all these years
Co-founders Adri Norton and Riaan Swiegelaar said people have misconceptions about the church and they urge people to not panic as the church does not worship the devil nor do they practice evil deeds.
We do not worship the Devil, but simply revere Satan as an Archetype for our true nature, we don’t condone animal and/or human sacrifice.”
Nevertheless Christian South African have an uneasy feeling about the church while others are considering attending the church to learn more about satanism.
According to the religious organisation, the church is a non-profit company. Riaan says he hope to use this chance to educate people about satanism and the misconceptions associated with the church.